I am starting a new project in creating 3D models. These models will be made in Blender, because it is free and a public funded program that is a highly professionally software.
In order to create the 3D models I will need to:
- Learn how to use Blender.
- How to create 3D meshes – This is how the 3D model is made out of.
- The file formats it uses – Using the wrong file format will reduce the 3D model quality or corrupt the file and make it no longer usable.
- How to navigate 3D software – So I can find stuff when I need it.
- How to handle and create 3D model files.
- Planning for my designs – So things don’t go horribly wrong.
- Importance of reference materials.
- What supporting software I may use.
- Learn how to problem solve 3D problems.
To increase the look of the models:
- I will need to learn how to add texture – This will save me so much time when I create a texture and don’t have to recreate it.
- Give the models lighting correctly – So you can see the model how I intended.
I would also like to learn:
- Animation – So I can make the 3D models feel alive.
- Rendering – Make the 3D models seem more realistic
- Scripting – Not necessary at this stage, but would be nice to know how to write a script in Blender.