The similarities on the three are:
- Good level design – Each level is designed around the character, which makes them feel more involved in the world.
- Mario – Mario’s specialty is blocks, so the level is designed around blocks.
- Sonic – Sonic is a speed character and the levels are designed for getting momentum.
- Mega Man – Mega Man has a long range weapon, so all levels are designed to have long range obstacles and enemies to challenge the player.
- Weapons – All characters use there self as a weapon.
- Mario – Jumps and stomps.
- Sonic – Spin dash and jumping.
- Mega Man – Blaster.
The differences are:
- Enemies – The enemies for the game are specifically tailored towards the characters abilities, but in different ways.
- Mario – Mario has simple enemies, that he uses to help himself out.
- Sonic – Enemies in Sonic are very basic, but serve the purpose of making the enemies difficult, but not to slow the player down too much.
- Mega Man – All enemies in Mega Man interact with the environment, which therefore makes the level more difficult.
- Environment – The environment in the levels are different and serves the purpose of making the character feel like they belong in that world.
- Mario – Mario has a world that is medium size, but Mario takes his time.
- Sonic – Has massive level, but sprint through it.
- Mega Man – Box rooms, but multiple of them to make a level.